Wednesday, May 22, 2013

TORRIE

Torrie is a bad girl as far as the media and the Oakland County Judicial System goes.  She was going with a man who was is prison, was in trouble on a gun charge, stole and caused a person to die.  Okay, we know this, but she is one in a million women like her in America.  There are many who go through Oakland County Jail and are set free for prostituting.  If I didn't know that, I would be down on Torrie, too.  I try not to be down on anyone, because we never know what is coming our way.  Some people think they are living high on the hog and don't realize that all this is temporary.  I don't live to address other's issues, but to try and help them along.  I get so damn mad at "The Stystem" and that's the whole reason why I write my blogs.  Oakland County down-grades Black people so much and never give us a chance.  That's what they did to Torrie, because if it wasn't she would have gotten the same kind of break Sarah and Amy got.

I called out to Torrie when I heard her say that they were offering her 18 years.  I told her not to take it.  McDougal had lied, said she had hit the girl and pushed her in the street.  Then when the ballistics came back she hadn't touched her, he had to recant his lie.  You know what I feel about him.  I think something is fishy how he followed behind them and never made the acknowledgment he was a cop.  I don't ever think Torrie meant to kill anybody.  I think what she did was ignorant and reckless, but not murder.  I asked her, "Torrie, what did you want to do?  Kill that girl, or kick her ass?"  She replied, "Kick her ass."   That made it "Manslaughter", and not murder, because murder means your end purpose was to cause death.  That was not her purpose.

Put that on top of the fact the woman made the choice to go out in the street.  But Torrie was the cause of her going out in the street, and should be responsible for making her go out there.  That's what they call "Involuntary Manslaughter".  That's not "Second Degree Murder", which means you knowingly caused a person's death.  She didn't want the woman to die!  I asked her to go to trial.  I told her don't except the plea, go to her lawyer and take it back.  She had to fight, because that was too much time.  It was the sensationalism of the case that fit that punishment and not the crime.  I got on my knees and begged her, until she finally said she would.

When she came back in from court, she told me her lawyer told her she wouldn't win.  He said that the victim was White and she was Black and an Oakland County jury would never see it her way.  She had to take the plea, because it was the best she would get.  I felt defeated, and couldn't believe that someone would actually say that out loud.  I saw her Mom on television that night and she was stunned and couldn't believe it herself.  She told the media that her daughter was going to prison for 18 years, because her lawyer said she's Black.

Torrie is a bad girl. street wise and can be mean at times.  But she is not a murderer.  She knows it and I know it.  I'm acquaintances with the Abernathy's girl's cousin and I wouldn't trade her hurt for the world.  I also can't objectify the fact that Torrie is doing time that's not her time.  I did that and it hurts.  It's the worst sentence you can ever have.  Unlike Amy and Sarah who are White, and not even rich and they get to do two years in "Club Forensic Center", even though their bodies are being used, they are getting off.  They weren't exclusive with their bodies anyway.  We need to make some changes as African-American, by demanding them from the racist Oakland County.  It's obvious they won't give us what we deserve or what is the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment