Saturday, May 18, 2013

Judges: C. O'Brien


Judge Colleen O'Brien

There are two O'Brien, Collen and Daniel.  There is also a Patrick O'Brien, and I have no idea how they are related.  I know that the idea that they all are crooked isn't far fetched.  I don't doubt they all are.  In 2004, Colleen O'Brien sentenced me to 18 months to 5 years in prison.  My PSI statutory limit was 0-3 months, in other words she threw the book at me.  When you make an appeal of this kind it must go through the Sentencing judge first. Of course she denied my appeal, and I got a real hard time going to a higher court.  They literally tried to ruin my life.  I'm not sure if she really believed that I would go to prison and become a fiery lesbian or what, but I came out clear on the other side.  I''m also not sure if McDougal had anything to do with my over-sentencing, but it makes me sad to see what she does in the courts today.

The same woman who over-sentenced me gives lighter sentences to women who prostitute in jail.  She isn't shy about it either, she doesn't have to be, because the women and their families love  her for it.  A young woman who admitted to having been in a drug house three time, said about O'Brien.  "I love Collen O'Brien, she doesn't sentence you based on your passed, but what you've just done."  So, why do they have those things called pre-sentencing reports.  Maybe so O'Brien and the other pimping judges can sentence these little criminals who prostitute anyway they want? 

Those reports consist of your past history that gives the judge guidelines to how much time you should get.  This helps to determine the threat you hold to society at large.  You can't just arbitrarily give a sentence to someone.  Just like she wasn't suppose to over-sentence me, she's not suppose to give women lighter sentences than what that report says. 

Another example is Comiesha.  Comiesha took a 16 year old girl to Great Lakes Crossing to steal clothes.  In the progress the girl almost got caught.  Fleeing from the police, she hit a slew of cars through the parking lot. She and the young girl were slightly injured, because when she left to go home, she blurted out, "Ugh, I forgot I was bleeding.  Blood is all over my shirt!"  She told me when I explained that she had to be a prostitute, because she had two really serious charges on her case.  The first being contributing to the delinquency of a minor and the second being fleeing and alluding.  The first carry two years flat, and fleeing and alluding the police is a five year felony.  How in the hell did Comiesha get away with a six month sentence?  O'Brien strikes again.

I have to give several examples, because they will swear I'm just being sour about my own sentence.  I am sour, and what saddens me the most is that it happened to me.  I know they were selling women nine years ago, and I wonder if I got my sentence out of not participating.  Comiesha said I was sour and wanted her to go to prison.  What I really wanted was not to have gone there myself. 

The last example is astonishing.  This woman's name is Cat.  Cat is a thief, and steals from department stores like Target.  She is compulsive with her shoplifting/retail fraud.  She is organized and solicits young woman to steal for her.  She says she shows them how the boss can do it and not get caught.  Then she sends them into the store to do a job.  That consists of a cart full of electronics.  She stole $20,000 in electronics from Toys R Us.  She and three others would rent clunkers from a business in Detroit and "hit 'em up".

I know the amount, because she got caught and the detectives had all the times her crew walked out with baskets full of electronics on tape.  Dora the Explora Cameras and Nintendo XBoxes were her favorite.  Finally, when one of the girls were caught, Cat was caught.  She is a known thief in the system and whenever she is 10 feet from a bust, she is given a charge on general principal.  She doesn't even have to steal a thing.  She came to jail and was given all that paperwork and bragged about her cases with it.  She said she was the best at what she did, and "Those bitches better not bring me back no clothes!  Shit, I have to pay my rent and smoke my 51s with that money."

Cat was caught stealing in Target and Colleen O'Brien gave her six months, after she had recently done a year on 13 other cased that included a drug charge.  I'll tell you more about Cat in another blog real soon. She told me about how the Prosecutor wanted a re-count of her PSI and her statutory limit couldn't possibly six months.  I told her she better hopes that Prosecutor drops it and goes back to her office to work on other cases.  She told me that O'Brien shut her down and she won't be coming back on appeal.  Everybody knows their place, piss off a Oakland County judge and you have no chance of ever getting a case through the system with good results for your client.

This is a list of O'Brien's handy work.  She is an A-1 pimping judge, but who still doesn't compare to the antics of Rae Lee Chabot.  They are tough where they think it counts.  Where the cameras and papers are watching.  Those cases are slim and far in between.  Their case loads consist of more of these petty people who reek havoc on our society more than we would ever know.  With the economics being what they are today, it's a shame that it's done this way, but it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment