Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Housing me

New Arrest and Beyond

When I went to jail for my extended stay, it was January 6, 2011.  I had been arrested on December 17, 2010, but my mother had paid an amount and bailed me out.  When I went to court for my preliminary exam, Gross lied about some phone calls I had allegedly made.  These lies were the reason Martinez bound me over for trial.  Then he added the stipulation that I had to have a GPS tether in order to go home.  I've worn a tether for about eight months in my last case and I don't know what have been worse, paying $400 a month or being in jail.  Somehow, home seems to win out no matter how much money is involved.

The first stop in that stay is "New Arrest", and the first thing you need to know is that it stinks.  Women coming off the street and on drugs have to withdraw here.  If they like you, or you are pretty enough you could skip this stage and go into E-POD and withdraw in a bam-bam room.  These BTU cells are designed for those who are suicidal.  That means the light stays on for 24 hours a day.  It is still a lot better than withdrawing in a cell with a woman who runs out every chance she gets and tells everybody that you are withdrawing.

I usually go to that POD and stay for about three days.  Those less fortunate stay for more.  Women, depending who is selling them, can stay for weeks at a time.  One strawberry I saw from the street had been there for two months.  That's not unusual, because the deps are greedy and when they find a woman that is making them money, they hate to pass them on to another POD and another deputy.  I was lucky and didn't have to stay that long.

There was a woman that had an infection.  Any woman worth her weight knows that a fishy odor from "down there" is not a sign of a woman who hasn't bathed.  An odor from "down there" is a clear sign of an infection.  Men came in the POD and said, "Jeez, somebody needs to take a bath".  The woman deps came in and said nothing.  I went out for my one hour that first morning and didn't go back out my entire stay in New Arrest.  The smell was so strong you could smell it from the day room.  All you could do was walk, because there was no TV.  The smell caused long discussions about it from the women, who did it out of a lack of anything else to talk about.  They had deadened the ear of their bunkies with why they were there, which was mostly lies.

I left there and went to the non-discipline side of E-POD.  That's where I met Connie.  Connie was not only a prostitute, but a whore.  She not only had been selling herself to get off her "conspiracy to commit robbery" case, but she had a long running affair going with Quisenberry.  When I got there, Connie couldn't have sex with him.  He is very handsome and probably her favorite dep.  One night she had sex with another dep just before shift change.  So, I knew Quisenberry was just her favorite, because he had refused to come to her that night when I was there.

She was really upset with that.  She seemed to be the only clean and decent inmate in the POD, before I had gotten there.  She needed to have sex, because she claimed her boyfriend, and co-defendant, had turned her out and she wanted coke and sex constantly.  I think Connie was just a slut.  She had to get me out of there, because she learned early that I was different.  Her bunky Barbarba started an argument that almost led to a fight, and I was off.  Due to my lack of participation, I was moved to a POD where I was locked down 23/7.  They had no way to determine who goes to constant lock-down other than a crack head screaming, "She started it".  That means the women who are licking on each other or sleeping with deps and others have made you the enemy.  I was doing neither one and was quickly sent to jail hell.  It really wasn't bad.  I am always bumped up to the inmate with major issues, even if I'm no different that the whores and prostitutes.  I'm just different in the idea that I don't want a woman or feel that I'm guilty enough to sell myself for a lighter sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment