Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Freedlines

I could have taken these two and made two different blogs.  Except, they were a couple.  A man and wife with children who were selling inmates.  I told you about Freedlines bout with Paula under the bunk, and Mrs. Freedlines obsession with Jessica and me.  They did their best after a while to stay away from me.  In fact, neither of them was working in the Womens' Annex when I went to the jail the last two times.  Yes, I went there a few times on this case.  Mrs. Freedline was the first to leave.  "The Mouth" probably did what Boise and Cool did and found a job out of the throws of whoredom.  Or she could have ended up with the men in their little whore game.  I'm not sure.  Just like my introduction to the Mr. was eventful, I had dubbed the Mrs. the "Respect Deputy".  Here is why.

At first listen
"I can't have that from you!  If I let you walk away from me when I was talking to you, every woman in that POD would feel they could do the same thing.  I need you to respect me and my position here...  Blah...Blah...Blah...  This woman had some real lungs and would go on and on.  When she left after bring a young Black woman, the preferred choice to be brought to the "other side", I asked who she was.  I had never heard anyone give such a long drawn out speech as Mrs. Freedline.  She was loooong winded and came back that night and gave another speech about respecting her and others.

Here's the thing, Mrs. Freedline was a pimp and was doing it illegally on her job.  So, her long speeches about respect were falling on deaf ears.  Nobody liked her, and her husband was more tolerable than the Missus.  She was so annoying to me.  She had one of those voices.  People would say that Mr. Freedline was hen-pecked.  I wouldn't buy into that, because of Paula.  When he got tired of her mouth he just gave her a look.  When she still didn't get the message, I could see him blowing her mouth out.  She knew her limit where that man was concerned.

I actually tolerated Mr. better than I could Mrs. Freedline.  Even though he was mean as hell, he was quiet and usually just sat in the bubble watching NetFlix with his buddies.  When she was in the bubble, you couldn't hear her, but you could see her ranting and raving about something.  She was comical and a disaster to watch at the same time.  She stood by her man and her man made inmate money.


Violence and the happy couple
It seems that violence followed the Freedlines every where they moved in OCJ.  Not only did people hate Mrs. Freedline for her mouth, but Mr. Freedline was too much muscle for most.  One day coming back from one of my jacked up evaluations at the Forensic Center, Mrs. Freedline had to strip search an inmate who came with us.  When the woman came out of the infamous broom closet, she was kicking Mrs. Freedline and screaming what I think was obscenities in her Jamaican language.  The woman was fighting and kicking, and I was surprised when she was so upset.  On the ride to and from the Forensic Center, she had been quiet and calm.  Two minutes in the broom closet and she was fighting mad.  She threw back her foot and kicked Freedline in the leg while she tried to get a hold of her.  It was a turn from what I was use to. I think she was upset about being sold by the missus.  She was living with Paula in the "fuck me" cell #1 then.
Mr. Freedline was huge.  Maybe before he started selling inmates and eating steak he was smaller, but for now, he's huge.  When there is a need to bring an unruly inmate over to "the other side", Freedline was the one to handle the job.  He could single handily pick up an inmate and strong arm her into one of the cells.  You would hear a whole barrage of "Fuck you, you fat motha fucka!"  He would just wipe off his arms where the woman had pulled and scratched at him.  That would make him all the angry and set that goofy smile on his face.  He loved his job as the "Enforcer".

I want my walk
The Freedlines worked the afternoon shift.  That means that they were close friends with my favorite Supervisor Alder.  Alder and the rest knew that I wanted my walks.  When it was over I had lived on that side of E for seven months.  When Paula and I got into about my man, they said it was about Karr.  So, I blamed Alder, because he was running the women who were on a mission to drive me crazy and turn me out.

Freedline came to my door and told me to stay away from Paula's door.  I asked him why he was telling me that.  Unlike Paula, I didn't set-up under somebody's door and started shit.  He flashed his goofy smile and said, "Okay, you don't get a walk."  He was so matter of fact I started screaming at him.  I told him about his fat wife with the jelly thighs and fat ankles.  He just flashed those swollen gums and walked away satisfied.  Now, we are even...


No comments:

Post a Comment