Sunday, May 19, 2013

Deputies: Ms. Thomas

I can not write a full blog on all the women who worked for the Oakland County Jail, just two.  This is the first of those two.  Ms. Thomas who is now Stevens or Stevenson or something like that, and is now expecting.  I couldn't believe the way the women thought like men and I couldn't believe when she came across 29 complaining about her bills.  I was taught when I was at Sears that employees who did that were more than likely to be involved with illegal activities at the work place.  It will take a whole lot for me to be nice in this blog.  It took a lot for me not to write it first.  It is unbelievable how something can happen two years ago and be at the forefront of your mind.  I don't want to be so angry, but this woman made my stay at OCJ a living hell those first seven (7) months.  She didn't care what she said or did, because nobody cares what happens to inmates in politics or government.

She didn't dislike me, but just didn't understand why I found it so hard to "get along".  I had no reason to change who I was.  I understood in the beginning that life in jail would be so much easier for me if I would have changed my views on women and prostitution.  I've never been the type of person who did things to please others.  I surely wasn't going to change for her and the other women who found me uncooperative.  They deemed me a trouble maker, because all of there regulars were talking to me and telling me to help them.  I was telling people and wouldn't change my mind.  Ms. Thomas to me was double wrong for taking advantage of women, because she is a woman.

I remember there were used tampons beneath some tape in the shower.  Angel B. had told her they were there on Wednesday, and Ms. Thomas just went home.  She never told anyone about the tampons and she was off until Saturday.  That meant we had to live with the tampons for two whole days.  Angel called her to the door to tell her that I had did it.  I told her that Angel was a liar, because she had lied and said she had told her the tampons were there.  She lowered her eyes and said, "Yeah, she did."  I guess selling us was more important than us having clean living conditions.

She really isn't a woman, but confused or maybe she's just bi-sexual.  I don't care what she is, but I'm not about to dive into the gossip and rumors I heard about her in jail.  A personal attack would only make this personal.  I want to stick to what I know and what I heard and saw in that jail.  Ms. Thomas wasn't only a pimp, but prejudice and I've heard her say some pretty racist comments.  But her first name is Shawna that sets her right into the meanness for me and make it understandable all of her actions.

She asked Alicia a young White woman from Pontiac, "Why do you act so Black", while she rough housed her into E-POD one afternoon.  I wanted to know what acting Black looked like.  My sister who is an M.D. is confused; right?  She's acting White and needs to find her Black place in the world.  I can't believe for a minute that most of the Whites who work as deputies beat Blacks on the aptitude test.  I truly believe that they were chosen for their willingness to participate in the corruption that the Whites of racist Oakland County Executive Office support.

Ms. Thomas would never be counted as one of their shining stars.  Her claim to fame is moving loud mouth women next to me to harass me into bulldagging.  Then coming to their door often enough to laugh at me and their torturous acts against me the day before.  Then when people come to work in the POD feed them negative information about me.  She finally got tired of me and my ability to rally her prostitutes to want to stop doing it.  When she saw them passing me notes and my negative attitude towards her.

One day, when I was tired of their antics.  When I went to court for nothing, they would cause the women to start arguments with me and put me in a holding cell alone at 1200.  Once I was in that cell, alone, they would blow cold air on me.  I wasn't set to go to court until 1:30 a.m.  I would sit in the cold until 4:30 p.m.  After the third such incident, I refused to go to court at 8:30 a.m.  I didn't leave my cell when they opened my door.  Sgt. Johnson came to my door and told me that he would come back and get me at 12:00.  It was really a nice thing, because I had explained the entire situation to him.

Ms. Thomas went to Supervisor Jenkinson.  Mind you that I said, SUPERVISOR, who is not a Sergeant.  They called Rae Lee Chabot's court room and got my court date cancelled and came to my cell and gave me a ticket for insubordination.  There was nothing the Sergeant could do, because he was a Black man.  He had made a decision, but Jenkinson was an old fart and resented Sgt. Johnson, because he was Black and out ranked him.  All Ms. Thomas had to say is that he was allowing me to do it, because I was Black and Jenkinson would run right over Sgt. Johnson's decision and get away with it.

Sgt. Johnson is so damn sorry, and that's why they made him a Sergeant.  But they are all pimps that allow Ms. Thomas to use that excuse over her natural racist self.  She came to my door and I threw my cup of butter at the door.  She knew I wasn't going home that day, and so she really didn't care.  It was just another useless court appearance to harass me into prostitution.  The same thing would have happened.  I would have went into the cell with the other women as usual and one of their prostitutes would have started an argument and the women would have found me guilty of the whole thing.

Suddenly, I would find myself in a cell by myself, with cold air being blown on me and no one to talk to.  That was the story of my life, but for a selected few.  Ms. Lydia would send those women in from her POD.  I never had Lydia as my deputy, but a few times, but she will get her own rather short blog.  She rode with Ms. Thomas on her games, because she had no choice.  Any Black woman worth her weight in gold could see her prejudice.  When she left Ms. Goosch came and life got better for me.  I'm really not a trouble maker, I'm just strong enough to let trash dictate how my life should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment