Sunday, June 23, 2013

Paula Deen: So what?

A tired Paula Deen

I heard that Paula Deen has said the "N" word at some point in her life.  They say that she is a racist who doesn't belong on television.  In fact, The Food Network has already stopped running her show.  This is hilarious to me.  This means that she has to beg Black folk and folk in general in this country about being a racist.  That which is even more ludicrous than a person admitting in a deposition that she used the "N" word before.  I think she was doing her best to be honest.  I respect a person who does that, because she could have lied and said she never had done it.  When people step forward and called her a liar, all she had to do is lie.  Men do it all the time, and never admit to their adultery or sneaky ways.  Society has learned to except it and their women unequivocally add it as a part of their marriage.

Just last week a man was on a train bragging about extra-marital affairs he had.  A woman took his picture, because it annoyed her and posted it on Facebook.  I saw it, before it was featured on any talk or gossip show.  The interesting thing is that women said that it was not a good idea.  Sheri Shepard on The View, said  "What about the children?"  There is so much more to the story, he could be lying or what if the marriage ended over it?  A woman on Wendy Williams felt the woman who took the picture, didn't understand what it all engulfed.  Well, we don't know the whole story behind Paula Deen, either.  Maybe she didn't mean any harm.  What if she has changed her mind about African-Americans in America.  She's a White woman from Georgia, and I know that no one would ever believe that she never has a racist moment in her life.

Where is her understanding, and moreover, what about the other racist out there we don't know about?  I'll explain.  When I was in my early 20's I worked for Snelling.  It is a temporary job company, and I worked out of the office in Auburn Hills.  In fact, it is still there.  I went on short assignments to area businesses, mostly in the suburbs of Rochester Hills and Auburn Hills.  I would get assignments with small companies that area of expertise was based on some need of the Big Three.  They didn't have one Black person working in their office, and several of them changed their mind about wanting a temp once I arrived.  A prime and insulting company was Sylvan Piping that sat on the corner of Auburn and Eastway.  They fired me when I got back from my lunch break and they sat in Pontiac a predominantly Black city.  Ironically, I had a job interview at the airport where those people were killed in a the plane crash the other day.  My name is kinda decieving, but when the woman walked out and saw I was Black she asked me a few questions and sent me on my way.

There were entire Tech-Parks that stretched that block of M-59, from Auburn Hills past Troy and hardly any Blacks worked for those companies.  These day, however, those companies are long gone.  Victims of the recession that plagued the Big Three and they won't be coming back anytime soon.  Their great little secret is debunked.  I call it a great secret, because when I learned about it, I was shocked because I never knew about it.  Lear that did seat belts, Mannsman and Rexroth who sold and service sliders, hydraulics and robotic machinery in the plants or a company I worked for a day that made manifolds...Whatever those are. There were no Blacks in any of those companies.   These were smaller privately owned companies who didn't have to hire anybody they didn't want to.  There was a place I went to that built test cars for Chrysler that told me the interviewer wasn't coming to work that day.  A woman explained to me their specialty and sent me back to Snelling.  I was never called back for the interview.

I could go on forever.  It's the way of the world.  Nobody cares that the only people who employ African-Americans in a large quantity are low-level public companies.  Even in those companies we hold very few high-level position, such as CEO or CFO.  When they are allowed those position they have integrated their way of life into a acceptable lifestyle that includes living in a suburban area.  You have to be more "White" to be right with the company.  Shemar Moore's character on Criminal Minds is as close as I've seen to a brother being allowed to be a brother.  He still has a loving a caring relationship with his colleagues that envelopes his ability to except everyone as equals.  Showing Blacks that is what it takes to become a part of the working class in America who have jobs that actually pay the bills.

Last week, I had a long argument with some Whites who had left Pontiac.  The post on Facebook actually read, "You know your from Pontiac, when you can't wait to leave."  about 20 people chimed in and all of them were White.  They went to cities that were mostly White and that enveloped their money making ability and lifestyle.  My father always told me that was just White trash that were equal to Blacks, but wanted to move someplace where they can pretend they are better.  A woman that was living in Troy, however, told me that she would come to Pontiac and drag me out of my home and beat me up.  This enlightened me to the idea that if she left, because of crime, she should come back.  It also, could have made my father's argument correct.  I don't believe that, but believe that she was touched, instead of blaming her ignorance on all White people.  But you are reading the blog of a woman who went to prison for four years, on a three month charge, for writing a White man love letters.

I don't see color, but that doesn't mean that I believe that other people do not.  I still have my eyes wide open, and know that after my arrest and conviction that he became a super star of law enforcement.  I still have yet to re-establish myself in society.  I don't have a job or a car or a place to live for that matter.  I live with my mother after my last tiff with the police, where that same man came and testified against me after nine years.  I even hear from a long time friend that he has moved to a place where he can be White, he's married a White woman and left my Black ass and this city behind him.  I'm sure that Paula Deen's moments had something to do with getting along with her "own kind".  Just like those people in those Tech-Parks of long ago.  When I sat down with a Puerto Rican woman at Baker College, the first thing that came out of her mouth was, "I don't have any problems with the teacher's here.  They all treat me good."  She was obviously use to Blacks cornering her, to try to get support about a teacher who was slighting them.  They obviously believed it was because of their race.  She looked White and we all know those minorities are treated better in society than those of a darker persuasion.

I never watched Paula Deen.  Although I think her son Jamie is very handsome.  I don't like them and rarely watch her show.  I'm not surprised that she has said some racist remarks or contrived a racist themed party.  So, I don't care, because most people don't change their point of view until it is vital to their existence.  With her great success and notoriety, she had a huge reason to change her mind about Black people and cook with the Neelys or have Oprah over to dinner.  It served for good relations and even better for her career.  Those people who owned those businesses off 59 had no reason to change their ways, and I believe closed down with very few African-Americans employed.  I don't believe that Paul Deen still holds the same exact views, because she can't afford to and couldn't afford to.

Finally, I am sure that this is a joke.  I have so much on my mind these days that no one cares about.  There are murderers who are getting away with it in exchange for prostitution.  Our economy is in the dumps, and crackheads are consuming my city, while the Emergency Manager is having a fire sale.  Nobody is airing that stuff on the television everyday.  Paula Deen is the least of our problem just in my small county.  I need a newscast that will encompass those issues for me.  I could care less if Paula Deen said the "N" word, it's the tiniest need for race relations in America.  If The Food Network really wants to seem as if they care, they would ask Bobby Flay to be nicer to people.  Racist or not, Paula Deen was the sweetest old White woman on TV.  Betty White has nothing on her southern hospitality.  This is crazy and The Food Network is cutting off their nose to spite their face.  If I was Paula Deen, I would do what Imus did.  Lay low for a couple of years and come back with a bigger and better deal than the one you had.  He actually called young Black women "...nappy head hos".

Oh, and somebody needs to get Michael Bouchard to stop his deputies from selling women, and the FBI should do something about it.  They should also get rid of those heathens who are sexually abusing mentally ill people at the Forensic Center for Psychiatry.  In remove all those men and women there who aren't insane.  Then I will pay attention to the a woman who admits her flaws.  A person who came clean about her life and wanted to move forward.  Just because no one knows, doesn't mean no one cares!

No comments:

Post a Comment