I had six an entire boxes of notes I had taken while in jail. I took them all and threw them in the trash at the old Ridgemont apartments on Perry. We had a small apartment my Mama and me. Those boxes sat at the bottom of the steps stopping the door from closing all the way. I just got tired of it and the ones at the foot of my bed. I thought what ever I need to tell people, God would give me utterance, and he did. My book is 327 pages long. I had so much I had to tell people about Oakland County Jail, I would stay up writing. Steve didn't sleep when I was up. He didnt sleep until I slept "the people" made sure he had 24/7 access to me. I just sat around, unless I was fortunate enough to get a job. Then they put cameras in there, too! I did a lot of writing, because that's how we communicated. I would write all evening or day if the PPD was slow. I would wonder if he was reading what I was putting on my lap top. I was an app on his phone, and he could read my writing as it appeared on the screen. One day I was reading the paper the reporter wrote that he found Wittebort on his phone reading something on his phone. I got geeked and grinned from ear to ear, "That's me! he reading the messages from me!" He could have been checking the weather for all I knew, but I just love him so much I wanted him to be into me.
When I was in jail, they had access to what I wrote at my desk. I didn't know at first. One day, Clause came in the "Bubble" and put his hand on Bowerman's shoulder and asked, "What did she say?" Sitting in my food slot pretending to watch television. I wanted to know what was going on. They couldn't be perfect all the time. Plus, I liked watching them watch me and they were obsessed. They act like I'm a stalker to this day, but at least 10 of them followed me like I was on Facebook. They knew everything that was going on. Deputies who weren't even working that pod, would come to see if there was any action or if I had writtem him anything explosive . When the Sergeant hung the fake "Lockdowns" up, they use to come and read what they said. It was like I was a depraved animal living in a cage or something. Only I wasn't and my survival depended on them having a whorehouse that would survive me. Everyday, it was something or some one new. I kept steady with my commitment to God. I don't speak of him often, I want to curse. I pray all the time that I will stop. I do, but just take off sometimes. I'm thinking its my thorn, and his grace is sufficient.
So, about these panties, they were important to me. Usually, if you weren't in a pod with double cells where you have a bunkie and don't where underwear, you wash your draws in the shower. One woman got so mad at how much weight she lost in jail, she left her panties in the shower for the Trustees to dispose of. She was just done with not having enough to eat.I would buy smaller panties as I lost, which is why I have a great distaste for Ms. Lydia and Cristina, they are not two of my favorite people. Ms. Lydia picked and chose who she gave new panties to. Me not cooperating with "the game" has never gotten a pair of underwear from Lydia in the 24 year span of me going in and out of jail, and them trying to put me in prison, and the times I went to prison, She never gave me a single pair. When women have periods we should have undergarments to protect our clothing and bedding. We only get tampons which supports the no panties protocol. I didnt like not wearing panties, but I couldn't wear them wet. I had to wash them and hang them up, every other day. Cristina is on my list, because she failed to bring the two pair I bought one day. The soap isn't bleach and they get dingy. You got to get new ones.
Now, a Thick story is Naomi. We called her that, because she was tall with long legs and had dark skin.She came in on a mistaken identity, her cousin had used her name. She also had a couple of warrants. Thick came in that morning and she asked for a fresh pair of uniform pants. She had started her period during the night and had bled through her uniform pants. He told her no and she should have worn her underwear and it wouldn't have been so bad. She countered that no panties would stop blood, and he said it would have helped. That's when the argument started. She got mad and threw the pants at him. He did not take kindly to her action, even if they hit the cell door, he wasn't going for that. He marched her up to "Discipline" in nothing but her uniform top. She had her hair in Shirley Temple curls with a part in the middle. She looked too cute for jail. Thick put her in the cell with no food slot. That room is cold, and every time we ate, they have to open the entire door. She told us all the story. We got her toilet paper, and Jeri went and started something with him because she wanted to be part of the action. He dragged her back to her cell. She went upstairs to take her the toilet paper. She can't do that, we told her not to get caught. She lived downstairs. Naomi ended up in cell six, and it was all meant to put her in MAX. Six is one cell from Bam-Bam. She was a prostitute. She chose the right one to get there. Thick don't play...


No comments:
Post a Comment