Friday, January 19, 2018

State Police and Waterford: White is Right

Image result for Michigan State Police logo




The reason the FBI isn't so quick to get involved with the jail situation, is that it's the job of the Michigan State Police to investigate the county. There is a chain of command involved in any criminal case. The FBI should be involved in a drug or human trafficking ring, but so should the State Police. So, I wrote Lt. Mike Shaw of the Michigan State Police, because he was always on Fox 2 News. Yes, bad habits die hard. I came home and I still watch Fox 2 Detroit. I don't watch as much, anymore, but it is my "go to" for the news. I still get a taste for noodles and cheese. Like I said, bad habits die hard. Lt. Shaw spends a lot of time talking about stuff that's going on in Detroit. Since there is a prostitution ring being run out the Oakland County Jail, I thought he should know about and I wrote him a letter.

Since then, a Michigan State Trooper patrolling the streets of Detroit, pulled up on a young Black man on a all terrain vehicle and killed him. Now, the ACLU wants statistics on how they make traffic stops. You know, if they stop Black motorists more than White ones. I know in Waterford, they found out that they wrote more tickets at Elizabeth Lake Road and Telegraph than inside the Waterford city limits. There was no Black people, well, not a lot of Black people in their city limits 20 years ago. My friend, who loves to bowl, told me a story about coming home from 300 bowling alley. I'm not sure if it was called that in the 2000's, but there. He said he and his friends, all Black men, were rolling fur deep.

Waterford Police, stopped them, took each one of them out the car, ran their names, but gave no reason for the stop. He said that they had gotten just to Oakland Point, when they were stopped. Everyone, surprisingly was clean and they gave them all back their I.D,'s and they went on their way. There wasn't any Black officers on the Waterford Police then, and I don't think the one they hired in 2001 made it. He was being harassed and punished from the moment he started. A guy I worked with at Sears was involved with a woman, whose father had worked for Waterford Police for over 20 years. He told me that he had said that they would never allow him to make it. I believe it.

So, the idea that the ACLU is watching the State Police isn't surprising to me. All of us in Pontiac are used to it. When my brother was under indictment, a Waterford patrol office with a detective in the car stopped me for failing to signal when I changed lanes. I was also driving a "doper ride", a 1977 Cutlass Supreme. My brother had given it to me to drive, because it was too, "hot", for him to drive. I stayed in court, because I couldn't keep a license, because I was always getting stopped and getting tickets. My seat belt didn't work or my right turn signal, but my mother and I had to get to work and I "tried it" everyday. After the run-in with the Waterford Police, I parked that car and got a Taurus. Haven't been stopped since.

When I pulled into that PB, that used to be on the corner of Elizabeth Lake Road and Summit Drive, I got out to pay for my gas. The cop ordered me to stop, and I did. Then he put me in the back seat of his patrol car. A place I wasn't so familiar with back then. When he came to the car to retrieve his little book, I said, "The only reason you stopped me, is because I'm Black and drive a '77 Cutlass." He replied, "Oh, you like OJ, you playing the race card, huh?" I told him, "Yeah, because it's true!" He gathered his little book and told me, "Well, I got something for you!" He went about his business and was saying something in his little walkie-talkie that rested on his shoulder, while the detective in the front seat and I watched.

Image result for Waterford. Michigan Police
Waterford Police
Shortly thereafter, the tow truck pulled up and took my car. He wrote me five tickets, failure to signal, driving on suspended license, no seat belt, my tab expired, and no proof of insurance. I let all the tickets go, because I had to pay $130 to the tow truck company that day. Both my mother and I had to get to work the next day. I couldn't afford not to get it out, just like I couldn't afford not to drive that car all messed up the way it was. Two women, with no man, because my brother was still in jail, and we were just trying to make. That cop actually came in a few years later to buy a treadmill and I refused to wait on him. I gave the sell to my co-worker. He didn't realize his mistake back then. I'm not my brother and shouldn't be treated so badly, because he's in trouble.

But cops don't care about anyone, but other cops. Even if they hate one another, they have to help one another. That brings me back to the State Police. They have a reputation for not even hiring Black people. They aren't very fond of us. Moreover, they like and appreciate people who look like them. So, I didn't want to write Lt. Shaw in the first place. But I did, because he was my only option. He was always on the TV. I was weary, because police don't like to be on TV like that. They have thrown so many people in jail, some rightfully and some wrongfully, they don't want to be seen. It's best to keep yourself away from the maddening crowd. When you see a cop around without other cops, in the hood or at the mall. They are as crooked as they come, because they be scared as hell! Somebody run up on them or their family, it could be "kill or be killed" That's a scenario they want to avoid at all cost.

Oakland County Jail is predominantly White. There were about five regular Black deputies out of the 100 that worked in the Annex with the women. We all know what happened to Jackson. Then there was Miss Lydia, and she had been there so long she was one of them. Besides, she liked the little boys, and engaged in all types of sexual "things" with inmates and went home and told her neighbors how sad the inmates were. No more sadder than she was, but she retired now. They had power that was out of control. Quisenberry, whose family were legacies at the Oakland County compound, had as many women as he wanted, and his uncle, along with Michael Bouchard was supposed to stop the opioid addiction in Oakland County. As soon as his nephew stopped having sex with all of them in his Midnight Ramblings

Beane had access to the entire jail on the computer in the bubble. After I peeped it out, and began spying on the deputies from my cell, they put tinted windows up. Because I watched him begging a classification deputy to legal move my classification up to the highest in the jail, when I realized that I wasn't. I also watched him order all the food for the prostitutes in the unit, too. Like I said, we even watched Quisenberry throw a fit about the pizza boxes Claus left in the bubble. POWER, the epitome of WHITE POWER. And if the State Police is the group of racists that the news and the ACLU is making them out to be, then then there won't be much success for me, when it comes to them investigating the ring in OCJ. 

I've just seen too much. I'm just not sure what it is I'm going to do, but keep writing, because it's hard enough to get police to police the police, but White men to police other White men is like impossible. But don't you ever get it twisted. They sell White women, just as much as they sell the Black ones. Although, those White men tend to like the Black ones better. I know they liked me. One woman, spoke outlous one morning, after she had come back from a night at the clinic. "I wonder why they want her so bad. Maybe, it's because she lost all that weight". I was on my way to see my lawyer, and wanted to yell back, "Most people want what they can't have!" 

All these people are White, Waterford Police, like Pontiac is the biggest supplier of prostitutes. All the judges, but a few are White, the lawyers, prosecutors, bailsbondmen and probation. They are 99.9% White. Now, who is going to stop all that. Another White man? Not with handcuffs and courts. They are trying to bring some relief quietly, but they just wait a while and start right back up again. Like Nassar, who I don't believe is White, they need to cut it off and hand out punishment for these crimes against humanity. You might not think they matter. But wait until your mother, daughter, wife or sister meet one of them in a dark parking lot. You name a major case in Oakland County of crimes, against citizens and I bet an OCJ prostitute is in there.

You would think that they would learn, because all the cops who have been killed, have been killed by either ex-offenders or the mentally ill. Over time, something solid might happen. Maybe they will understand that it's better to rehabilitate prisoners and not sell them for new cars and their children's education. It's going to be tough finally getting this done, but eventually, someone or something will help law enforcement focus on their own when it comes to crime. Sears did, and when I was in my final year, they passed out pamphlets that explained that store employees stole more from the company than people from the outside...But it took years for that revelation, but law enforcement is long overdue.
Image result for Lt. Michael Shaw
Lt. Mike Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment