Thursday, December 28, 2017

The Police II: Fast Food

Image result for Fast Food collage

I like fast food. My favorite fast food is McDonald's. There is a McDonald's at the corner of Woodward and South Blvd. It's been there for over 20 years now, but I never really liked going there. It's kinda nasty and in the beginning, they would run out of filet-o-fish and hash browns. I knew it was from one of three things. They were either giving so many away that the computer couldn't count or they were being stolen or they were eating it. Either way the computer they use to ship food orders didn't have an accurate account of what had been sold. Everything is run by computers these days. It's a system that runs through what is rung through the register. If it's not rung in the register at the point of sale, it can't be counted. If it's not counted, the distribution center can't send the right amount to replace what was sold. 


You start with 10 patties, you sell 3 and you give 5 away. You only have two in the store, but the distribution center thinks you have seven, and only send three, and replace the three that were sold. The five you gave away haven't been counted, because they never went through the system. Inventory, is high tech now, and owners know when they are losing money quicker today, then "back in the day." I used to work fast food 30 years ago, when I was 15. My first job was at Burger King. The one that sat at Telegraph and Square Lake Road in Bloomfield Hills. We stole anything that wasn't nailed down. It seemed normal, but it was wrong. That store closed many years ago. There is a drive-thru scam that still goes on, even today. That scam can close a new business quick.

People come up to the drive-thru and order their food. Only the person ringing the order doesn't ring the order, but tallies it in their head. In fact, my friends back 30 years ago knew the prices for every item on the menu. They could add them, with tax, in their head. Whoever said that we were dumb? Cashiers, would get as close to their real total, as they could get, without using the register. One day, they actually had a competition, about who could get an order to the nearest dollar. I won't tell you who won. It's an old game, and owners have gotten hip to the scam. First, they added a second window. That broke up the transaction. It worked, but they got around that. Then they bought these tallying machines that hung outside the first drive thru window. It told you your total. You would pick-up your order at the next window, where no money is exchanged and only food is passed through the window. It's actually a good idea, because it puts several people involved in one transaction. Lowering the chance for corruption.

It didn't work, because everyone has to be involved in it anyway. See, in fast-food restaurants, there are these little TV's sets over the food boards, where your sandwiches are made. When the food goes through the register, it comes up on the these little screens. If the people at the drive-thru aren't ringing up the food, because they are stealing the money, nothing comes up on the screen and no food will be made. It's the job of the people expediting the order to listen to know what is being said over the speaker and get the right food. Those making the food need to listen too, in order to know what sandwiches to make. This is especially true at Burger King, where you can "Have it the way you want it." If the person running drive-thru pisses off the person making the sandwiches, then they can go home broke for the night, because the only thing needed to be said is, "I'm not making nothing that don't pop up on that screen!"

You don't get a receipt, because they haven't rang the order. Everything is synchronized with those who are working the drive through and boards. All the person getting the order, the expediter, has to remember is what drinks and fries to gather up and put in the bag. So, it a four man team. Five, if there is two people working boards. Now, you know why the drive-thru speaker is so loud when you go into the store and they repeat your order several times.. Everyone has to hear the order, so they know what food to make and get your order right. Plus, drive-thru has time restrictions. They have to move quickly. I know we had three minutes to get an order out.That's why you can go to a fast food joint and your order is all wrong, because somebody couldn't keep everything straight in their head. That person doesn't get more than a few chances, before they start working cleaning the dining room or working the dine-in register.

At the McDonald's on Woodward and South Blvd., they broke the little machine that tallies your order on the outside. It's broken, and can't be used anymore. So, your total no longer shows up there, and you get your total from the cashier. Drink are supposed be made automatically through the register. Your not supposed to be able to make a drink, without it going through the register, and that includes water. That is broken, too. It's either broken or they ring the drinks and nothing else, because their is always a way around everything. And it's not just the Black folk, it goes on all around Oakland County, and in the White neighborhoods, with White folk, too. I'm just concentrating on this store for several reasons. One they serve me nasty food, the store is usually nasty and that girl who got killed in that Facebook murder was there, before she got killed.

It's a den for the ex-Pontiac Police and now Oakland County Sheriff's Department. I can't go to any fast food place around here without being targeted. I have no idea how they know who I am. I know that I'm followed, everywhere I go. They are obsessed, and that is probably the reason why. My brother claims it's my smart phone that lets them know exactly where I am, because it has GPS. I don't know, but I'm known, and they always make sure they give me my receipt. It not only that I get my receipt, but my food can be old and stale, cold and tasteless and at that ghetto ass McDonald's down the street, half-done, inedible and just plain bad. That place is Pontiac Police Central.

Believe it or not, unless he has sold it, I know the man that owns it. He bought a treadmill from me at Sears. He is a Black man. When I would go in there and there was no fish, no hash browns and the dining room looked like a tornado went through it, I felt so sorry for him. African-Americans in our community always talk about what the White man does to them. Hold them back and make it so hard for them. They make it hard for themselves. Here a Black man has bought a franchise, gave them a job and they are robbing him blind. Smoking crack in the backroom and allowing their friends to eat for free. The police tell them that I think I'm so much better, and that I like White people. They are simple  minded, but know nothing but jealousy and greed. If they weren't messing with my food, I wouldn't care one bit.They see me as a way to end their "good thing", because I'm uppity and think I'm White. But they know they are Black and still can't do better?

Truth is I was them. I was a low-down thief that would take anything that wasn't nailed to the floor. These young people don't even know that they aren't going anywhere, yet. They have no idea that life isn't going to take them  anywhere, but either to an early grave or jail. We know what happens in jail. They think I'm their enemy, but in reality, I wished that I could help. Beat them in the head and tell them to go to school, get an education and make a way for themselves. They think it's too hard. It's just that they never were taught the mind-set that leads them to success. They were always taught to "get over" and not work hard to succeed. The White man this and the White man that. They were never taught self-responsibility and self-actualization. Just "take, take, take, take," as much as you can. It don't work, but it's all they know. I fight for their health and ability. The ability to not be sold and treated like less than a person.

But the police, the sick and sorry police that are going to use them and turn them out, block their blessings. They tell them how many pairs of shoes I have in my closet, that I'm in college and that I like White people and it sets off a mindset that puts rocks in my food. I always go to the McDonald's on Telegraph and they're no better. None of them have an ounce of class or decorum. I wished these people were more like me. That they knew that living your life stealing and participating in organized crime with the police won't work. Obviously if the police need free food, they have problems of their own.  Because I still believe, somebody at that restaurant, let Paul McDougall know that girl was at that McDonald's. It was a set up, to make him look good. That's why he rode behind them without turning on a siren or honking a horn or doing something to stop that high speed chase. That could have saved that girl's life. But he did nothing...Sad, just sad!

Below is a piece of nasty chicken I got from the Kentucky Fried Chicken on Opdyke in Pontiac. Oh yeah, this is what comes in my boxes:

Of course, I don't go there to eat anymore. Things might happen to my food that I can't see. If your in to it with the police, this might happen to you, too. Know when stuff like this happens, it could be them. McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Popeye's, Church's/White Castle in Pontiac, Bloomfield Hills, Waterford, Keego, or Auburn Hills it's the same old thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment