Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Kelly Collins

Kelly Collins Binkowski


I have never known a person so vile as Kelly Collins Binkowski. She is a prosecutor for the Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office. In January 2011, she became the prosecutor in the case against me for stalking Val Gross, then Chief of Police in Pontiac. Collins had several chances to let the charges go. My attorney the late Howard Arnkoff reminded her every time we met that she had no idea where Val Gross was. She would say every pre-trial or bond hearing that she knew where he was and once she said they spoke “all the time”. The truth is far from that. The truth when finally told, 13-months after I went to live at the Oakland County Jail, she hadn’t spoken to him in 11-months. In fact, she had to put what adds up to an "All Points Bulletin" (APB) on him. He got sick, and went to the hospital. As soon as he checked in, she got the call he was there. If he had never went to the hospital, I would have stayed in OCJ for another six months of pre-trial hearings. Just no consideration for humanity or human life and freedom. Jeff Buchmann, the detective that would go on to lie about phone records, hadn’t spoken to him either. Phone records that took my lawyer more than a year to get. Buchmann got them in three days. They showed I hadn't called Chief Gross at all, on his private line! She kept bringing up the idea that I was insane. In this case, I went to the Forensic Center twice. Ms. Collins insists that I am crazy and here’s why.

Kelly Collins, what she likes to call herself, is a White racist. I’m sure that the people in the cities she plans to be a judge in can say the same about themselves. I battled Kelly Collins for three years. I had to battle the deputies in the Oakland County Jail longer. She turned around after I beat her in the Val Gross case and charged me with stalking Steve Wittebort, again. The reason she wanted to convict me of stalking Val Gross. She brought her fellow prosecutor, Denise Brainard in the courtroom one day. Two White women angry, because I openly declared my love for a White man. My History professor told our class that we usually marry people who live in a three mile radius of where we grew up. I think I'm just about right in my declaration. I was awaiting trial on the Gross case. Both women couldn’t believe that I wasn’t going to take a dive. Many people in the system plead to stuff they didn’t do, because they did something, but not what they said they did, and just give up to go home. In neither of my latter cases did I do that. I believe in the Gross case I had seven pre-trial hearings. That's over the 180-day limit, before the Chief judge should ask for the evidence, because it's taking too long. The deputies and the higher ups involved in prostitution did not want me let go. So, my lawyer ignore the 180-day rule and I continued being tortured by the pimps in OCJ.

In 2003, Denise Brainard got a conviction, because I was "green". I had never been in any real trouble. My father had many friends in Pontiac. My father was dead, and all his friends were tied up in the game. I knew too much about too many dirty cops and I refused to play in their game. Using a bi-sexual prosecutor and a prostituting judge, I was convicted. When I violated probation, I was over sentenced and sent to prison. Kelly Collins, a White racist, never thought that I would be any better. Black’s don’t learn from their mistakes. I learned and I beat her badly. So badly, that five months after I beat her, she brought me up on a fake charge, but this time we were back to Steve Wittebort. He lied and his old friend Marogi lied, too. Kelly Collins, a White Supremacist could care less that the two detectives were lying on me. When I took a plea, out of fear of an all-White jury, she threw the book at me.  The jury I had consisted of one Black man. He was the only one that heard the lie. All the others, the White jurors, found me guilty. The Black man was the sole holdout and wouldn’t convict.

I had 17 months served. My PSI statutory limit was 14 months. My lawyer told me that Colleen O’Brien was looking to give me eight years in prison. When O’Brien gave me 18-months to 5-Years my limit was 90-days in jail, with over 35 completed that was 2004. I was punished for being in love with a White man. Wanting him and his children and a live a life less ordinary. The White women of Oakland County wanted me to understand that is not possible, even when he is a liar. Steve Wittebort’s White privilege gave him the right to lie on me. One day when leaving court, Kelly Collins went down with me on the elevator. At her stop a big Black man that I guess she knew got on the elevator. They embraced and she grinned a sneaky grin as he got on and stood next to me. I noticed his eyes. He was a dark-skinned Black man, but he had green eyes. Almost the peridot of Wittebort’s. He gave me a sly smile and I gave him the lip and smacked my mouth hard. Kelly Collins was reminding me of my place. She was introducing me to a Black man, because Steve Wittebort was a White man, I just can’t have. She was on Fox 2 News one night. 

She had kicked two Black kids out the a football game. She was their coach. I guess she wanted a volunteer credit on her list of community activities. A plus on the road to a elected official. They had decided to wear pink socks in observance of Cancer Awareness month. She found that out of order and told them that they couldn’t play. It was two little Black boys that chose to call her a racist. They felt so strongly about her being a racist that two little boys called her one on TV. I am a 49-year old woman that went two rounds with Kelly Collins. I was tortured in jail. Made to live in solitary confinement and made to feel like a criminal, when I had done nothing wrong. Five months later this woman tried to convict me on a lie. She created my blog, almost turned me against the system and against what I know is good and precious in this life. Love. Kelly Collins tried to use the system to destroy my love and she is the worst kind of monster. I am strong and I survived, because survivors survive. If I could, I’d ask you to ask David, but…

No comments:

Post a Comment